Financial Planning in the UK
Financial planning in the UK: Considerations and tips for individuals and businesses
DKUK are delighted to invite you to join UHY’s financial planning team, Adam Wing and Harpal Matharu, along with head of private client services Neela Chauhan, who will be discussing issues to be aware of for individuals living, working and setting up businesses in the UK.
The team will be covering topics including:
- advice on pension plans
- business protection issues, including shareholder protection, debt or mortgage cover and relevant life assurance
- personal protection issues, including whole of life cover and income protection
Adam Wing, Financial planning consultant
- Joined UHY Nottingham as a financial adviser in 2015
- Worked as a financial planning manager for a number of well-known banks before subsequently joining a national accountancy-based financial planning practice
- More than 18 years of industry experience providing independent financial advice to personal, corporate and high net worth clients
- Covers all areas of financial planning, including pensions, protection, investments, inheritance tax planning, wealth management and portfolio construction
- Responsible for our quarterly publication ‘UHY’s Financial Planning Review’ and is a member of the Personal Finance Society.
Neela Chauhan – Head of private client services
Neela joined UHY Hacker Young’s London office as a private client tax partner in 2019. Neela had previously been acting as Head of Tax at London-based accounting firm, Wilson Wright and before then, was a Director and headed the tax division at Sopher + Co.
She works with a number of high profile clients, delivering a wide variety of tax services, as well as promoting audit, investment and accountancy support to a diverse range of businesses and high-net worth individuals.
Neela has a very international approach to tax, with particular expertise and experience in Scandinavia, USA and Asia. She assists with all aspects of tax compliance and planning, building long term relationships with her clients, providing expert advice and support on personal tax issues, Inheritance Tax and non-domicile related tax which spans a broad sector.
Harpal Matharu, Financial adviser
- Worked as a Financial Planning Manager for two well- known banks before joining one of the largest Wealth Management companies in the UK
- Worked for a Fin-Tech start-up prior to UHY, where he worked with the MD/CEO to shape the online financial advice journey, in conjunction with managing MD/CEO relationships of investment firms to utilise this platform
- More than 7 years of industry experience providing financial advice to personal, corporate and high net worth clients
- Advises on all areas of financial planning including pensions, protection, investments, inheritance tax planning, wealth management and portfolio construction.