DKUK Community Care – You are not on your own!
We are truly honoured and humbled by the show of interest in and offer of support to any in the community of the Association, who may need a bit of extra support during these uncertain times of Covid-19 – the Corona virus.
We are now ready to take note of any need of support, and match that need to volunteers we have registered. Below we have set out a process and some assurances to make sure we try to respect all interests and concerns and keep it as simple as possible.
We are pleased to introduce you to Jill Inglis who has volunteered to coordinate this – a trusted person and long-standing member. She has been issued with her own DKUK email address email@example.com. Many of you will know her from her day job as being a key member of staff at Danske Bank London.
Any reply will go to Jill and she will follow up.
- Volunteers register: We will keep basic contact details on file within DKUK’s remit. Only DKUK staff and Jill have been entrusted with access to this, and contact details submitted for this will only be kept during the current pandemic. At a time hopefully soon where it may be deemed to be over, we will delete it. You can at any time ask to be taken off.
- Please email Jill: Your full name, phone number and postal code. (No need for street number at this stage – we just need to know roughly where you are in relation to any support that may be needed.)
- If the need arises Jill or one of the DKUK officers (Kristine, Henrik, Deanne or Gunnar) will follow up with the person nearest affiliated and/or located to the person in need
2) Do you need support or know of someone in the Association’s community who may need support? You are not on your own!
- Perhaps to buy some shopping or pick up a prescription?
- Perhaps you are unable or worried to leave your home because of coronavirus and need someone to talk to?
- Perhaps you need assistance contacting family?
- In respect of delivery of shopping and medicines or other:
- No one will ever – nor should be asked – to enter your home!
- Anything purchased on your behalf will be left on your doorstep after prior arrangement with you.
- You will know the name of the person who will deliver your errands in advance or who will call you.
- Never open the door to someone you are not expecting or have doubts about!
- Although we cannot offer any medical advice or physical assistance, if you have symptoms of the virus please call your GP, the NHS on 111, or Citizen’s Advice. If this is a problem for you, please let us know
For support please email Jill – Jill@dkuk.org and please include: Your name and surname, email, mobile number and post code and the urgency of your problem, to enable us to determine how quickly we can assist. Alternatively call the office, and leave a message if we don’t pick up – we will get back to you. For any emergency please call the emergency services directly.
Finally let us reiterate: we are aware that most people already have a good network of family, friends, neighbours etc., but we feel that given the potential length of time our lives may be disrupted, any network – however good – can be challenged. We also realise the potential logistical difficulties involved in providing assistance but feel we must attempt to overcome these.
Therefore, thank you all very much all for supporting your association (forening), the DKUK, and this initiative
With very best wishes,
Gunnar P Larsen
Key Embassy contacts
Embassy of Denmark in the UK
Phone: +44 (0) 2073330200
Opening hours for phone calls:
Monday – Thursday: 09.00 – 12.00 and 13.00 – 16.30
Friday: 09.00 – 12.00 and 13.00 – 16.00
Britsh Embassy in Denmark
Phone: +45 35 44 52 00
Opening hours for phone calls:
Monday – Friday: 09.00 – 17.00